For the translators who’d want to scanlate extra pages not included in the translated versions released by the publisher, here you are.
25 March 2015
Leave a Comment
15 September 2014
Leave a Comment
Here we go with some of the Harlequin comics I bought this summer. There are still over 50 of them that I haven’t found the time to screencap yet.
- Sarah Morgan & TAMAI Makiko: The Greek’s Blackmailed Wife
- Jo Leigh & KOHSAKI Kei: Ms. Match
- Kasey Michaels & SACHIMI Riho: Bachelor on the Prowl
- Jessica Steele & TOMOI Miho: A Nine-to-Five Affair
- Penny Jordan & INOUE Emiko: A Secret Disgrace
- Maureen Child & BEPPU Chizuko: Have Bride, Need Groom
- Jackie Braun & ASO Ayumu: The Tycoon’s Christmas Proposal
- Roxanne St.Claire & HANATSU Yoshiko: Like A Hurricane
- Helen Brooks & KAMIYA Kazumi: The Bride’s Secret
- Sara Craven & NATSUMI Rin: One Reckless Night
- Sherryl Woods & YOSHIDA Yayoi: Marrying A Delacourt
- Ruth Ryan Langan & SACHIMI Riho: Rory
- Miranda Lee & JET: Love-slave to the Sheikh
- Marion Lennox & FUJIOMI Miyako: Rescue At Cradle Lake
- Betty Neels & SHINOZAKI Kaoru: The Promise of Happiness
- Deborah Simmons & HIDAKA Nanao: The Unexpected Guest
- Penny Jordan & HIMEKI Kaori: Time Fuse
- Metsy Hingle & IIZUKA Akiko: Wife with Amnesia
- Jennie Lucas & OGATA Rin: The Virgin’s Choice
- Lucy Gordon & TAMAI Makiko: The Pregnancy Bond
- Michelle Celmer & SAKURANO Nayuna: The Oilman’s Baby Bargain
- Sara Craven & FUJITA Kazuko: Count Valieri’s Prisoner
- Anna Cleary & SHINOZAKI Kakuko: My Tall Dark Greek Boss
- Sara Craven & UESUGI Kanako: The Highest Stakes of All
- Gail Ranstrom & TSUYA Satomi: Saving Sarah (2 books)
- India Grey & KIRISAKA Mao: Her Last Night of Innocence
- Nancy Warren & AMANO Nasuno: Under the Influence
- Anne Stuart & HASHIMOTO Takako: A Dark & Stormy Night
Details, information and samples are available at my Harlequin & Romance comic raws collection page. If someone is interested in scanlating a story or more in that list, you can submit a request for the raws HERE.
15 August 2014
Leave a Comment
It’s been a while and I bought a lot of mangas. There are many promos at different sites so I just grab the Harlequin and Romance comics I don’t have yet in Japanese. Here are some of those latest acquisitions. Details, information and samples are available at my Harlequin & Romance comic raws collection page.
- Jessica Steele & BEPPU Chizuko: A Most Suitable Wife (translated)
- Michelle Reid & KOHAKU Yuu: The Greek’s Forced Bride
- Lucy Gordon & TAKAYAMA Mayu: Married Under the Italian Sun (translated)
- Meredith Webber & YAMASHITA Tomomi: Sheikh, Children’s Doctor…husband (translated)
- Rebecca Winters & HIDAKA Nanao: A Royal Bride of Convenience
- Penny Jordan & JET: Wanting His Child (translated)
- Jane Porter & DAN Karan: A Dark Sicilian Secret
- Sandra Marton & NAGASAWA Satoru: The Sheikh’s Rebellious Mistress
- Liz Fielding & NAKAYAMA Sara: Her Wish-list Bridegroom
- Annie West & MOMOSE Natsu: Girl in the Bedouin Tent
- Chantelle Shaw & KUSUNOKI Kei: Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child
- Olivia Gates & KYUKA Min: The Once And Future Prince (translated)
- Lynne Graham & HOSHIAI Misao: The Frenchman’s Love-child
- Natalie Anderson & MINATO Yoriko: Unbuttoned by Her Maverick Boss
- Debbie Macomber & SHINOZAKI Kaoru: Lonesome Cowboy
- Leanne Banks & NARUKAMI Yutta: Billionaire Extraordinaire
- Sharon Kendrick & UESUGI Kanako: Getting Even
- Jane Sullivan & HANATSU Yoshiko: Risky Business
- Leanne Banks & TOMOI Miho: The Prince’s Texas Bride
- Abby Green & YOKOI Rina: Bought for the Frenchman’s Pleasure
And the non-Harlequin mangas:
- KUREBAYASHI Tsukiko: Doctor ni Koi no Wana wo
- Nora Roberts & KOBAYASHI Hiromi: Endings and Beginnings
- Misaki Chihiro & SASAKI Misuzu: Yuuwaku no Wana
- Judith Ivory & SANAZAKI Harumo: Sleeping Beauty (2 books)
- Emma Holly & TAKAMURE Tamotsu: Beyond Innocence
- Anne Hampson & SAGARA Kyoko: A Kiss and a Promise
- Carole Buck & HIMURA Soraha: Intruder’s Kiss
- Carole Buck & TSUJI Rikako: Fallen Angel
- Clarence Budington Kelland & OGATA Hiromi: Mr Deeds Goes to Town
- MOMOKAWA Haruhiko: Sheikh to Shakunetsu no Sapphire
Maybe I’m in a foul mood, or maybe it’s that bad cold making me cough for over a month that’s turning me grumpy. I absolutly dislike Beyond Innocence illustrated by Takamure Tamotsu-san. It’s one of the rare Emma Holly’s novels I’ve read and liked. Even if I don’t expect a manga adaptation to be accurate, I barely recognize the story.
21 March 2014
Leave a Comment
Here we go with my new acquisitions. Information and samples for these mangas are compiled in my Harlequin & Romance comic raws collection. And as usual, if someone is interested in scanlating a story or more, listed at that page, you can submit a request for the raws HERE.
- HARA Chieko: The Duke and I (reserved for English scanlation)
- Nora Roberts’ Three Sisters Island trilogy illustrated by TACHIBANA Kaya:
- Dance Upon the Air
- Heaven and Earth
- Face the Fire
- Deborah Hale & SACHIMI Riho: The Bonny Bride
- Leigh Michaels & AMANE Ritsuka: Backwards Honeymoon (translated)
- Michele Dunaway & SHINOZAKI Kakuko: Nine Months’ Notice
- Jessica Steele & INOUE Youko: With his Ring
- Emilie Rose & NAGASAWA Satoru: Paying the Playboy’s Price
- Caitlin Crews & SHINOHARA Masami: The Man Behind the Scars
- Maggie Cox & SOUMA Jinko: Brazilian Boss, Virgin Housekeeper
- Kate Hewitt & SAKUYA Kaishi: The Greek Tycoon’s Convenient Bride
I’m no fan of Hara Chieko. In general, old school is not my cup of tea but sensei’s drawings don’t bother me contrary to other well-known mangakas’, maybe because she has a sweet understated style — old school style usually tends to annoy the hell out of me with melodrama and theatrics overuse. I wouldn’t have bought this manga on my own but exceptionally, purchased it for a scanlator who needed decent raws. In the end, I should thank them because after browsing the manga, I think the story looks nice and sweet. It doesn’t change my opinion about Hara Chieko’s art style but I’m curious to read this manga once it’ll be scanlated.
In this set of 12 mangas, I’m only put off by With his Ring. It’s a pity because the drawing is not bad, nicely detailed, and the story seems sweet. But I can’t stand the hero’s face! He has prettier and more delicate female features than the heroine. His flyaway hair is darn ridiculous and what’s with the absurdly long eyelashes for a man?! Other mangakas also draw feminine looking heros but it doesn’t bother me as much because they actually draw all characters, males and females, like that. In this case, it especially disturbs me because the other men appear decently male. Sorry but as soon as I saw the hero, I had images of Takarazuka revue flashing in my mind, otokoyakus parading with their kitschy wigs, padded suits and corny songs.
Better not dwell too much on this disappointment and instead mention the manga I’ve prefered this time: The Man Behind the Scars. The illustrations look so lush and mouth watering. And I’m a sucker for attractively drawn men with scarred faces.
Shinohara Masami is an alias for the BL mangaka Suzuhara Shino. I already noticed sensei’s art style in the past and wanted to read her recent BL works. But when I saw the previews for The Man Behind the Scars, I was a goner. The technical mastery reminds me of JET’s and Iwasaki Yoko’s though the 3 mangaka’s art styles are different. It’s something about the maturity of their drawings, the precise way they draw facial expressions and bodies like the characters are breathing and moving…
I’m hoping to see Shinohara-san’s Harlequin comics translated very soon. The biggest flaw I’ve noticed in her art is that her hero’s design screams Asian — slanted eyes, slick black hair. But I can forgive her because the vulnerable Scottish man is flat-out hot. Well, the dark looks can pass for some exotic British mix.
25 December 2013
Leave a Comment
Merry Christmas everyone!
I wanted feel-good mangas for the holiday season. So part of this selection consists of sweet light stories and the other part of Christmas theme Harlequin comics.
These are only a few of my December acquisitions. Among them, there are the San Rimini series and the Princess Swap duet the publisher has started translating into English but hasn’t yet completed. In case they would forget about these pending series, I at least have the raws to get an idea of what’s going on for other characters.
The first story of Jessica Hart’s Princess Swap duet is already translated and published. I still wanted the raws for both books while waiting for the publisher to release the second story in English.